Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Protest to Fall

Yesterday was the Autumnal Equinox, which means the first day of fall. I'm really saddened by this as I love spring and summer so much. I'm always a little melancholy at this time of year, and so to get me through the cold dark days of fall and winter I've decided to protest the arrival of fall. How will I do this, you ask? No one can control Mother Nature, you say? First of all, I gave our little blog an airy white makeover. Secondly, throughout the cold days to come, I will post pictures and other things that make me think of the loveliness and warmth of spring and summer. Lastly, I think I'm going to break the old and dated "no white after labour day" rule. I'm going to wear pretty white summer dresses and tops with tights and cardigans if I have too. Maybe on a particularly cold day, I'll turn the heat way up and watch a summery movie on the couch in my swimsuit drinking iced tea. Any other ideas?

One of my favorite scenes from my favorite movie...the lovely Marie Antoinette!

Fresh and sweet summer raspberries (notice the cute vintage 70's Corelle, "crazy daisy" plate. Josh and I thrifted a whole 46 piece set in perfect condition over  the summer. Awesome find!)

I made this fun collage for Josh while I was at work a few days ago. It's on a manilla  folder and it's put together with only scotch tape.

Miss Dior Cherie captures the essence of spring perfectly. My favorite obsession Sofia Coppola, did a commercial for the fragrance. Watch it here  on the Miss Dior Cherie website. I don't actually own the perfume; I just adore the website and the commercial. It's so very enchanting.
A raven haired version, like me!

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE SO TALENTED!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THESE PAGES!! CLASSYY JUST LIKE YOU!!! "MISS DIOR CHERIE" REMINDS ME OF YOU ALSO...LOVE IT!! YOU CAN MAKE COLLAGES JUST LIKE YOU MADE FOR YOUR JOSH AND SELL THEM AS CARDS OR POSTERS...I MEAN IT TONI!! NEED TO MAKE SOME EXTRA MONEY?? PUT YOUR ARTISIC TALENT TOGETHER...YOU'VE GOT IT!! LOVE YOU AND SOOOO PROUD OF YOU....CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU...XXXOOO MOM

    ReplyDelete