Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer in Bloom

Summer here in San Diego has been lovely. We've had some pretty hot days, but the heat doesn't bother me at all. I love the way the heat weighs and slows everyone down. That's what summer's all about if you ask me. I've been enjoying my time off, lazily listening to music, reading, taking the dogs on evening walks and musing in my own thoughts. 

If you didn't already know, I work at a plant nursery. One of the best things about working at a nursery is getting first dibs on some of the most stunning plants as they arrive. Since I started working at the nursery, I've been yearning for a house with a yard desperately. We just signed another years lease at our current place so a house isn't in our future just yet. In the meantime, I've been keeping up nicely with my little patio garden. Here's some pictures I took this morning of summer's flora at casa de Toni. Botanical names listed below each plant. Enjoy!

Dahlia 'Mystic Dreamer'

Echeveria hybrid

Pelargonium 'George Marston' 

Sedum dasyphullum 'Major'

Tradescantia spathacea 'Tricolor'

Aeonium 'Irish Bouquet'

Gasteria hybrid

4 comments:

  1. Toni, I love your little garden! you have been my inspiration for growing my own. so far only vegetables, but today i moved onto flowers. we'll see how my alyssum snowcloth will do. i'm still learning on different times of the year for which plant/flower to start, but all in time i'm sure i'll learn. and i know i have you to help with any questions i have. thank you for being a good friend to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy! It is so cool that you're growing your own veggies. I wish I could grow veggies on my patio, but I don't get nearly enough sun. Anytime you have questions, I'll be happy to answer them. I'm actually going to be attending Master Gardeners meetings for the next year (membership came with my scholarship) so I've got a lot of expert knowledge coming my way, lol! Thank you for being a good friend to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so lovely! thanks for sharing the plant names! what a beautiful patio garden, all i really ever want to do is play in my garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merci beaucoup! I just checked out your blog and I love your garden! How sweet to have little chickens running about. What a dream! Oh, and your red poppies are just stunning! Are they Oriental Poppies?

    ReplyDelete