Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolutions and Such

I know making New Year's resolutions are considered trite to many people and I totally understand why. However, for the past few years I have made resolutions and I have been successful at following through with all of them. Needless to say, since resolutions are immensely beneficial to me, I've made a significant resolution for 2011.

My resolution for this year is to do something creative everyday of my life. While embracing art full force last year (after almost abandoning it entirely due to an emotional trauma in my late teens) I've learned that I absolutely need to be creative to be happy. Unfortunately, it's all too easy for me to slip out of a daily artistic routine without a deadline for a project. So by making this resolution, I've created a deadline for a completed project every day of my life. Now, I'm not completely insane. I've been liberal enough with my personal definition of a creative project so that it can mean anything from taking my camera on a walk and snapping some beautiful pictures, to writing a blog post, to completing a drawing. I hope to share more of these projects here and get over my fear that my artistic endeavors might not be good enough, whatever good enough even means.

Here's to a fabulous new year full of accomplishments! Wish me luck...

*photo of Caladium bicolor, by me

No comments:

Post a Comment