Thursday, January 20, 2011

Winter Garden

Winter here has basically been like spring. Most days have been really warm and lovely. My pale legs have been quite pleased to peek out of dresses and bask in the heat. My plants are full of new life as fresh flowers and moist leaves unfold from dormancy. *Botanical names listed under each plant.
Pelargonium 'George Marston'
Fuchsia x hybrida 'Voodoo'
Mentha spicata (common spearmint)
Viola cornuta 'Johnny Jump Up'
Pelargonium x hortorum 'Vancouver Centennial'

2 comments:

  1. how lucky to get sunny days at that time of year, those plants look gorgeous.
    thank you for your words on my blog, the presentation on julie's work sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fanja! San Diego does spoil us with warm winters. I think I would surely die of frostbite if I had to endure a winter under 65 degrees, haha.

    ReplyDelete